Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tough week brings solid results....

This week was a tough one for me and my family.  It started out as a nice trip to Florida with my wife and daughter to see my grandmother, parents, and brother.  Shortly after we arrived my grandmother needed to go to the hospital and was kept there for the remainder of  the trip.  She had some spontaneous bleeding in her head and it needed to be drained.  Well, this obviously put a lot of mental stress on all of us (especially since my grandfather had passed away almost exactly a year ago), but the surgery went without a problem and my grandmother is now recovering.  It may be an understatement to say that this is a huge relief on my family and I.

Outside of the problems with my grandmother this was the first time that I have traveled while dieting for the show.  I brought my whey protein, protein bars, chicken, Baked Lays, and Oatmeal.  While down in Florida I did go out to eat twice.  I went to breakfast at IHOP and order a simple and fit meal (harvest & grain pancakes with two eggs), and then went out to a seafood restaurant and ordered some seared tuna and sushi.  All in all, I would say I had a fairly successful trip diet wise.  Although, I didn't train at all down there, I'm back at it now and haven't skipped a beat.  This week has brought new lows on the scale and new highs in the weight room.

Overall, my first big struggle in the prep was a success.  My grandmother is okay for now, and my diet didn't stray too far from the path!

No comments:

Post a Comment